|Review of LifeTime Life's Basics Plant Protein
BodybuildingPro.com Supplements Supplement Reviews Whey Protein and Bodybuilding Supplement Reviews LifeTime Life's Basics Plant Protein
Go to: SUPPLEMENT REVIEW
Go to: BUY LIFETIME LIFE'S BASICS PLANT PROTEIN
REVIEW OF LIFETIME LIFE'S BASICS PLANT PROTEIN
Back To Top
LifeTime Life's Basics Plant Protein Review By Dave
Please Note: Dave posts as "Dave" on the BodybuildingPro.com message forum. Check out his profile by clicking on the link below:
CLICK HERE to register on the forums and join the discussion with thousands of other members.
LIFETIME LIFE'S BASICS PLANT PROTEIN
A Complete Vegan Protein Rich In Omega 3-6-9!
Sounds good so far, especially if you're a Vegan.
LifeTime® is pleased to introduce an exciting advancement in protein powder supplementation: Life's Basics® Plant Protein!
If I was a Vegan, I would be somewhat excited. Being a lover of meat, or more precisely, eating meat, I'm not very excited.
With its unique complete protein profile, Life's Basics® Plant Protein is an easy-to-digest, energy-boosting protein source for vegetarians, athletes, or anyone seeking a superior-quality protein source they can use every day*. Rich in omega 3-6-9 essential fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, Life's Basics® Plant Protein features the following groundbreaking vegetarian protein profile:*
I am impressed with the amount of Arginine, Glutamine and Omega 3-6-9 essential fatty acids that Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein includes.
- Pea Protein Isolate - Brimming with vital biological value and balanced nutrition, pea protein isolate is highly regarded for its ease of absorption. Pea protein isolate is also well-utilized by the body and is not deposited as fat. Packed with amino acids, pea protein isolate may offer benefits for healthy weight management and peak athletic performance.*
Sounds similar to other proteins, particularly whey isolate.
They make it sound like nature and technology are bonding together for the perfect fusion. What a great marketing strategy!
- Rice Protein Concentrate - This complex carbohydrate delivers a broad profile of amino acids, in addition to naturally possessing essential nutrients like thiamin, iron, phosphorus and potassium. Life's Basics® Plant Protein stays true to nature, using only the most sophisticated, cutting-edge methods to extract its high-quality rice protein concentrate.*
- Organic Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein - A balanced, complete source of vegan protein containing all 10 essential amino acids, hemp has achieved "whole body superfood" status for its far-reaching health-promoting properties. Hemp's soluble fiber may help to promote healthy digestion, while its essential fatty acids have been shown to help support overall well-being.*
I was under the impression that hemp was for smoking. Luckily, Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein has informed me otherwise!
- Chia Powder - This exciting superfood was a staple for Incan, Mayan and Aztec cultures for it endurance-boosting properties. Today, health-conscious masses have rediscovered chia's power to support peak vitality! Chia's soluble fiber absorbs more than 12 times its weight in water, which may help to promote a feeling of fullness, prolong hydration, and enhance endurance - perfect for anyone on a healthy weight management and exercise regimen.*
First of all, what the f&$k is Chia powder. LOL! Seriously though, I have no idea what it is. Regardless, it sounds beneficial to the physique-conscious individual.
Although the overuse of the word "may" in their claim worries me, I'm glad that they're honest. Therefore, in regards to the claim, I award Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein a 9/10.
I sampled the vanilla flavour of Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein. I couldn't quite put my finger on the taste. The taste was somewhere between a cookies and cream, and a mochachino flavour, but not as good as either. However, considering that this is a Vegan protein powder, it wasn't bad. If I was a Vegan, I wouldn't mind consuming this on a regular basis. For this reason, I award Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein a 7/10 for taste.
I found that Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein mixed relatively well, but not quite as good as I'm used to with regular whey protein. However, it was close. I found that the texture was similar to a cookies and cream protein powder. If you've never had a cookies and cream protein powder, imagine a texture which is a bit chalky and slightly gritty, but not bad. For these reasons, I award Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein a 6/10 for solubility/texture.
Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein is low in fat and carbohydrates. Therefore, most of the energy benefits will be from the protein. You should expect as much energy as 22 grams of pea, hemp and rice protein can provide. However, do not overlook the power of Chia! Whatever the f&$k that is. I felt that Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein was a fairly healthy choice and a nice way to mix up the diet. Therefore, for effectiveness, I award Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein a 7/10.
As discussed above, I wasn't very impressed with Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein's taste. I found the mixability/texture to be almost satisfactory. Also, I found that it was effective as a healthy alternative. Unfortunately, Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein is an expensive choice. Therefore, for an overall review, I award Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein vanilla flavour a 7/10.
BUY LIFETIME LIFE'S BASICS PLANT PROTEIN
Back To Top
Back to Supplement Reviews Main Page
Back to Supplement Reviews Discussion Forum
Back to Supplements Database
Visitor Reviews Of This Article!
Read Visitor Reviews - Write Your Own Review
|ProMera Health Con-Cret Smaller Doses for Superior Results!
- The Future Of Creatine Is CON-CRET! Creatine Hydrochloride is revolutionary as presented at the 2009 ISSN World Conference in New Orleans.
- CON-CRET has superior solubility, uptake and efficiency -- greater than creatine monohydrate.
BUY IT NOW