Muscle and Fitness -- The First Key To Achieving Your Goals
By Tony Farrell
Lets discuss what I term as Muscle and Fitness -- The First Key.
In a previous article, I went through the 'Three Keys To Success' in any muscle and fitness regime that you use.
Remember -- 'BE - DO - HAVE'?
If you missed this article, you can get it here...
If you've read it, here's just a very quick overview of what
it was about:
1. Decide what you want to HAVE. What are your goals?
2. Decide what the necessary steps are, that you must DO to reach those goals.
3. Choose what you need to BE. What do you need to become in order to DO what is necessary to HAVE what you want?
If you are at all confused about this article, please re-read it, and again if necessary. You've really got to get this right so that you can succeed in anything you choose to do, including achieving any sort of success with your fitness goals.
Assuming you understand the concept I've just discussed, here are the ten most important steps of the 'HAVE' key:
1. Get out a note pad and pen. Lets name the very top of the page Muscle and Fitness Goals.
2. Write the day and date just below the title.
3. Decide what your ultimate fitness goal is. When all is said and done, what is it that you really want to have out of your Muscle and Fitness regime? What is that end result that you're trying so hard to get? Write it down.
4. It's not enough to want just one thing, because you won't feel justified in doing something well if that's all there is to it. So lets justify it.
Are there other benefits that you want your training program to achieve? This is the time to think. Just think about what you want.
For example, it could be to become more aerobically fit and lose weight, while increasing your lean muscle, increasing your confidence and building up your joints. Think of the benefits that you'd like to have as a result of your training routine, as well as the ultimate goal in '3' above. Write them down.
5. Take your time. Don't rush it. Just review what you've written so far. Is everything you want to 'HAVE' written in your note pad?
If so, great. If not, then continue to write your goals. Do this until you just can't think anymore, or until your head hurts.
6. Now just leave everything alone and go about your daily routine. Forget about what you've just written for a few days. Just give yourself a break. You can come back later on to your muscle and fitness Have key.
7. After a few days, I want you to look through what you've written. Some of you will only have a few lines done, while others may have written an essay. Either way is good. Just read it again.
8. Is there anything you'd like to add? If so, write it down. Any ideas that spring to mind, write those down too. If you're satisfied with the end result - great.
9. Now it's time to re-write those goals. So move to a new page on your note pad and give it the same name again -- Muscle and Fitness Goals Refined. Then write the date just below that.
You need to shorten your goals so that they're specific and achievable by a certain time. At the same time they must have the essence of what you want to have achieved by the end of your training program. For example:
If one of your goals is to have lost weight. Then word it so that it's specific, time limited and has the essence of what you want to achieve. So you would write it like this:
"I am achieving a weight loss of 16lbs by March 5th, 2005."
"I am increasing my arm size to 16 inches by April 21, 2005."
Get what I mean?
10. Now that you have written your goals, again, I want you to get a card. Lets say 'Postcard' size. Again write the title: My Muscle and Fitness Goals and the date of starting your program.
Now write those specific goals onto your card. These are now ready to be a part of your training routine. Every time you're about to commence your training, just read those goals aloud.
As you do, see yourself perform those exercises. Feel your muscle work, your heart pump and how great it is to be achieving your goals.
I have got you to write your goals three times. Did you notice that?
Because I want you to --
* Establish those goals in you heart and in your mind.
* To be passionate about those goals that mean so much to you.
* To feel the benefits, as if you already have achieved your goals
* To see the benefits, as if you already have achieved them.
To conclude, follow these ten steps. Be patient. Be focused. And believe that this will help, even if you are doubtful. Where most people fail, is the point where they think negatively. As soon as you begin this negative thought process, you have damaged your chance of success on that occassion. If this happens, correct it immediately and continue.
Muscle and Fitness is the 'HAVE' key. There are still the 'BE' and 'DO' keys to go. But, that's for my next article. Make sure you read all related articles and you'll be well on your way to success in your Muscle and Fitness program.
Tony Farrell of provides valuable insight into the world of health, fitness and bodybuilding. Through his unique approach, he truly helps people to succeed and reach their goals. To subscribe to his ezine, just visit: http://www.how-to-build-muscle-and-fitness.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/
Back to www.ezinearticles.com Main Page
Back to Writers Database
Back to Free Article Library
Visitor Reviews Of This Article!
Read Visitor Reviews
- Write Your Own Review
A synergistic combination of Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, and Vitamin B6 may significantly increase anabolic hormone levels and muscle strength in well-trained athletes. The novel Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate formula may also help to increase endurance, growth and restful sleep. BUY IT NOW