Don & Sue at the 2004 NPC Nationals
- From Bob Cicherillo 5-08-05: Sorry to report that Don Youngblood has passed away in his home, apparently the cause of death being a massive heart attack. Don stunned the bodybuilding world by beating the previously "unbeatable" Vince Taylor at the 2002 Masters O. Don went on to fulfill his lifelong dream of competing in that years Mr. Olympia later that same year. Don just celebrated his 51st birthday April 7, and ran a very successful trucking business in his home state of Arkansas with his wife and children. On behalf of all the IFBB pros, I wish to express our deepest sympathies to the Youngblood family. Don was a champion bodybuilder, but more importantly a devoted husband, father and grandfather...he will be missed. Celebrate Don's life by visiting his website at www.donyoungblood.com
- From Ron Avidan 5-09-05: Don Garfield Youngblood was born on April 7, 1954, in Bakersfield, California. He was married to a wonderful person named Sue, and had four children (Christy passed away at age 11). Don was an enormous inspiration to many who say what can be accomplished when you set your mind to something, and also for his deep respect to others and to his family. I was stunned and saddened to hear about Don, my condolences go out to his family and friends. I interviewed Don a few years back, here is the Don Youngblood Interview where you can learn more about Don.
- From Dan English 5-09-05: It is very tough right now, it's a bad situation. I got him started in bodybuilding a while ago. Don was a very good friend, and it has been an emotional morning. He was such a close friend - I just lost it when I heard this, and I am not one of those people who gets emotional. Al these years, we gone places together; my first Olympia was with him, and we have gone to 13 or 14 Mr. Olympia's together. If I ever needed any help, Don was always there for me. Don was such a strong figure, he would listen to you. When someone like him says "Everything will be all right", things would just seem better. Everything I have been through in my life, he was there for you. We live now 2 hours apart, and sometimes he would just drive down just to say hello and see how you were doing. I started being an influence on his life, and he ended up being an huge influence on his life. We met in the early 1980s. He was a likable guy, always cared about other people. I am assuming the funeral will be in a week or so, and he was found alone in the house, so an autopsy has to be done. There will be more information soon, but things is so tough right now.
- From Patrick Sasser 5-09-05: I have grown up with Don Youngblood since I was an infant. He has always
been a great father, husband, and role model. His son, Donnie, and I have been friends for 25 years. Don was actually our football coach when we were in grade school. He has meant so much to me and countless other people. In my childhood, he was like a second father to me. I remember when I used to stay the night at his house when I was a kid and he would run in Donnie's room like the house was burning down for us to scratch his back, because his arms were too big for him to do it. I have always looked up to him for his dedication and commitment in everything he did. He has achieved so much within his lifetime from racing drag cars, being a football coach for his son's team, running a successful trucking company, to becoming 2002 Master's Mr. Olympia Champion. Not to mention the thousands of other things. He is
truly an inspiration to everyone whose lives he has touched. It deeply saddens me that he has past, but his memories will always live on. I am just extremely grateful that I had the opportunity to not only meet but also spend countless hours with Don Youngblood. My prayers go out to his family. He was a great man!
- From Shawn Ray 5-09-05: Don was a humble caring person whose work on Earth was complete and his life in heaven has begun. We should all be so lucky to be called home from a world that is not own final destination. Don became a bodybuilder late in life and his personal goal was to become a professional. He did that while winning the Master's Mr. O and stepping onstage at the Mr. Olympia the same year he won the Master's! Rest in Peace Don, our condolences to the Youngblood family. Every man dies, not every man lives! Don was blessed with a loving family and children who will carry on his name and memories. Rest in peace my friend.
- More Comments on Don Youngblood here on the Getbig boards
CLICK HERE to leave your condolences for Don Youngblood's family.
Don Youngblood Links:
Back To Getbig's Main Page
Back to Bodybuilding News Database
Back to FREE EZINE Database
Back to Bodybuilder's Info & Stats Pages
|BSN Nitrix: Enhances Size! NITRIX® is what's called an a.m. to p.m. vaso-muscular dilator. This product works by expanding your blood vessels, which acts to increase blood flow, oxygen and nutrient delivery to your muscle cells. By ensuring the efficient travel of blood and nutrients throughout the body, you will experience improved workout performance, amazing pumps, all-day muscle fullness and vascularity, greater energy, a heightened resistance to fatigue and a greater ability to recover. NITRIX® is the foundation to all of your supplementation needs. Live for the pump! BUY IT NOW